Tuesday, February 8, 2011

How I HDR-ed my friends and family


Two years ago, I was in Dubai and I remember asking an Indian customer at site to wish me Happy Chinese New Year. Last year, I was lucky enough to have my re-union dinner with the family and have left for Japan in the morning of the first day of Chinese New Year. This year is the luckiest year of my field engineer career so far, being able to have a complete Chinese New Year celebration with the family, and of course not forgetting to attend several old friends reunion sessions.

I took the opportunity to take several snaps of my long lost friends in a reunion session 3 days ago. I couldn't resist HDR-ing my friends.

Old school friends HDR-ed

Friends HDR-ed
Friends HDR-ed
Friends HDR-ed
Friends HDR-ed
Friends HDR-ed

HDR photography is not so friendly to portraiture pictures as the HDR effect will bring out the skin pores details on the human skin, resulting in making a person look older or grainier. This is not my first time applying HDR photography technique on human beings. I have previously HDR-ed my family in a family reunion session last year as well as when I went to Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) to fetch my arriving sister from Germany. If you look closely into these pictures and compare them to the ones above which I took several days ago, you will notice that the human facial and skin part have lesser grain (noise) on them. This is because I have learned to utilize layer mask in Photoshop to improve the skin of my human beings HDR pictures. However, doing so also resulted in lesser HDR effect on the pictures.

Family HDR-ed in early 2010
Family HDR-ed in early 2010
Awaiting the arrival of my sister from Germany in KLIA back in Feb 2010
Sister arrival from Germany in KLIA in Feb 2010

See the difference of my HDR pictures involving human beings taken in 2010 and 2011?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ShaShinKi.com - Malaysia's Online Camera Shop!